The OCBE has approved the calendar for the 2020/2021 school year.
2020-21 Oldham County Schools Calendar
The calendar is similar to the current school year with 170 student instructional days and the five teacher work days. It meets the state requirement of 1062 instructional hours. The opening day of school shall be August 12, 2020 to allow for the completion of summer building projects. The final day for students will be May 24, 2021, barring any days missed for weather. The committee worked with the approved major breaks approved last school year.
Current highlights for the 2020-2021 calendar:
- First day of school - August 12, 2020
- Fall Break - October 19th to the 23rd, 2020
- Winter Break - December 21st 2020 to January 1st, 2021
- Spring Break - April 5th to April 9th, 2021
- Five Teacher Work days – September 18, October 16, January 4, February 12 and March 12.
- One Conference/Flex day – November 2
- Last day of school – May 24, 2021
- The 10 designated make-up days are (in this order): May 25, May 26, February 15, April 30, May 27, March 12, February 12, May 28, June 1, June 2
The Board also approved the major breaks for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Fall Break - October 18th to 22nd 2021
- Winter Break - December 20th 2021 to December 31st 2021
- Spring Break = April 4th to 8th 2022