Registration for First Year Primary/Kindergarten students for 2018/2019 will take place at the schools in which the students are districted to attend (school locations) on
2018-2019 Registration Dates - March 5, 4-6 p.m. and March 6, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- The birthday cutoff for kindergarten in Kentucky is August 1 - meaning children will have to turn 5 by August 1, 2018 to enter kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Registration for First year Primary/Kindergarten students will take place at the school in which they are districted to attend.
- Parents are required to bring a full size certified birth certificate (not a hospital certificate).
- Proof of residency in Oldham County is also required. Parents should bring a utility bill or an apartment rental agreement, if applicable. You may also be asked to provide a Residency Affidavit Form. Driver’s licenses are not acceptable to prove residency.
- Before a student will be allowed to begin attending school, they must have an up-to-date immunization certificate and a physical examination recorded on a Kentucky form.
- Any student under the age of seven (7) entering a public school for the first time must have an eye examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist. This will need to be done before January 1.
- Any five (5) or six (6) year old entering a public school for the first time must have a dental examination by a dentist, dental hygienist, physician, health department registered nurse with KIDS Smiles Training, advanced registered nurse practitioner or physician assistant. This will need to be done before January 1.
- If your child is attending the Oldham County Preschool program this year, you will need to register your child for Kindergarten for next year at the school in which they will attend.
- If you have a preschool aged child who may be eligible for preschool services, please contact the Preschool Office at 222-3700 for information concerning enrollment and eligibility.