As a Title I school, La Grange receives funding for services to improve student achievement through:
- Comprehensive needs assessments
- School reform strategies
- Instruction by Highly Qualified professional staff
- High-quality and ongoing Professional Development
- Strategies to attract and maintain highly qualified staff.
- Strategies to increase Parental Involvement
- Transition Strategies
- Teacher participation in making assessment decisions
- Assistance to students having difficulty mastering the Standards
- Coordination and integration of Federal, State and local programs and resources
Parents' Rights to Know
We are extremely proud of the expertise and experience of our staff. OCS consistently has high percentages of teachers who meet the federal government’s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements and who hold National Board Teacher Certification. We respect parents’ rights to know about the qualification of their children’s teacher and welcome inquiries about teacher credentials. Please contact Richard Graviss, Personnel Director, at 502-241-3500 for additional information.
According to Title I Parent/Student rights, parents may request information regarding the professional qualifications of their child’s teachers such as:
- whether the teacher met the state requirements for licensure and certification for the grade levels and subject matters in which the teacher provides instruction;
- whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived;
- the college major and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher and the field of discipline of the certification or degree; and
- whether the child is provided service by para-educators, and if so, their qualifications?