All parking spots have been sold for the 19-20 school year.
Students can get on the waiting list by doing the following:
1. Must have a Restricted or Full license (no permits).
2. Read the parking eligibility below to make sure you qualify (grades, attendance, behavior, etc).
3. See Mr. Lange in person with your ID to be placed on waiting list.
There is no guarantee that parking spots will become available this school year.
Please do not park on campus until you have a parking permit. Parking without a permit is a behavior violation and can result in loss of parking next school year.
Parking is only available to Juniors and Seniors
Students must be current with all required vaccinations.
CAMPUS PARKING - PROCEDURES
Note: You must have a valid driver’s license (Restricted or Full) to apply for parking at OCHS.
- Parking is only available to Juniors and Seniors.
- Eligible students must submit online applications by to be considered for campus parking prior to the start of school.
- Must have a valid driver’s license at time of application.
- Must show license when you pick up parking tag.
- Must meet all parking criteria/regulations at time of application.
- School attendance is “frozen” at the end of the year. Parent notes, doctor’s notes, etc. will not be accepted to correct unexcused absent events that restrict students from campus parking.
- Parking spaces will be assigned by school administration.
- Student parking will not be "Open" this year.
- Students will pay their $25.00 parking fee when they pick up their permit.
- we will email and post the pickup dates once they are decided..
Student Parking - REGULATIONS
Parking on campus is a privilege
- Permission to park on campus is extended to Junior and Senior students ONLY—no exceptions.
- Students qualifying for parking pay a $25.00 fee during registration and receive a tag to be displayed at all times. Late applications will need a separate check after school starts in the Fall.
- Students must have a valid driver’s license, not a permit, at time of registration/application. Spaces will not be held for students who do not qualify.
- Parking tags are non-transferable. No student cannot lend or sell their parking tag for any reason. Violation of this policy could result in permanent loss of parking privileges.
- Upon arriving at school, student are expected to exit their car, lock doors and enter school immediately.
- Parking lots are off limits (8:45 – 3:45) during the school day. Any student needing to go to a car must obtain a pass from an administrator.
- Students will be assigned a specific parking spot. Parking will not be open this year. Students must park in their numbered student spaces. Students cannot park in Staff, Visitor or BAHS spaces.
- Student tags MUST BE CLEARLY DISPLAYED AT ALL TIMES, or may be SUBJECT TO TOWING (at the owner’s expense).
- Students MUST PARK IN THEIR ASSIGNED SPOT or COULD BE TOWED (at the owner’s expense). STUDENT CANNOT PARK IN STAFF, VISITOR OR BAHS SPOTS.
- Students deemed driving reckless, speeding, or not following adult directions on school grounds may forfeit their parking tag for one month minimum or up to one year. The speed limit in the parking lot is 15 MPH.
- Student’s cars can be subject to random searches by the administration.
- Students losing their drivers licenses under No Pass-No Drive or other reasons will also lose their parking.
- Any motor vehicle violation will result in in suspension of parking for 6 months or 3 months if court diversion program is completed through the County Attorney (Board Policy 9017-F). A second violation in their school tenure will result in permanent suspension.
- Parking will be suspended 30-days to 1-school year for any tobacco/e-cigg/vape, drug or alcohol violation
- Student and Parent(s) acknowledge that they are familiar with OCHS and OCBE policies relating to automobiles as outlined in the OCHS student/parent handbook.
- Criteria for parking privileges:
- Must be a Junior or Senior.
- Students must have passed at least 5 classes the previous semester as required by the No Pass/No Drive KRS 159.051 and maintained a cumulative un-weighted 2.0 GPA to be eligible for parking privileges.
- Prior year student attendance record must have no more than six (6) unexcused absences or six (6) unexcused tardies.
- Any student who has been referred to the OCBE for truancy will not be eligible to apply for parking privileges.
- Students with serious cumulative disciplinary infractions (i.e. suspensions for drugs/alcohol, fighting, weapons, have outstanding fees and/or obligations, repeated parking violations of parking on campus without authorizations prior to being granted the privilege to park) will not be granted parking privileges.
- Students must have demonstrated good faith effort on all state assessments and all other standardized tests to obtain parking privileges.
- Students who fail to meet the eligibility requirements may reapply for parking privileges after the holiday (winter) Break. To be eligible, a student must have no failing grades or unexcused absences/tardies during the previous semester.
- Students with parking privileges that acquire 3 tardies to school will lose parking for 30 days. For every 3 tardies following the initial suspension, another 30-day suspension will go into effect.
- Students with more than 8 unexcused absences at the end of the first semester will lose parking second semester.
- Campus parking violations can result in loss of parking the following school year
- Parking violations may result in detention, warning stickers, vehicle boot, towing or other school based consequences determined by administrative staff.