April 24, 2014
THIS WEEK AT SOUTH
- Apr. 7 – Apr. 25
- Junior Prom Tickets on Sale in Room 132 (Ms. Tronzo) and 137 (Ms. McMahan). Junior Prom is April 26 from 8:00-11:00 at Hunting Creek Country Club
- Apr. 24
- Interact Club will be meeting after school on Thurs. Apr. 24 in room 136. We will have a guest speaker, Kaitlyn Kepple, here to talk about fundraising and homeless mission. All students are welcome to come. There will be pizza!
- Apr. 23, 24 and 25
- SOHS Dance Team Tryouts. Information packets are available in the office.
- Apr. 26
- Junior Prom from 8:00-11:00 at Hunting Creek Country Club.
- Apr. 29
- The year end Stammtisch Grillfeier will be Tues., 29 April after school.
- May 1
- The 10th annual Relay for Life 3-on-3 tournament will be held on Thurs., May 1 starting at 6:00. The cost is $5 per player with a minimum of 3 players per team. See Mr. Moore for more details. Any girl interested in playing on the girls' golf team, please see Mr. Moore. Short on funds but want to play? Mr. Blackburn would like to sponsor the first several teams that contact him.
- May 22
- Art and Talent Extravaganza Thursday, May 22, 2014 – 7:00- 9:00pm Oldham County Arts Center. The date has been set for Thursday, May 22nd. Don't delay and sign up today to show your talent! Signup sheet for all talent acts is in the front office or email Kim Nethery at firstname.lastname@example.org! Those interested in placing an art piece in the show please see Mrs. Luciano. There will be prize money for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd so….….Don't delay, sign up today!
- The SOHS Colorguard will be holding rehearsals on May 5, 8, 12, 15, June 2, and June 5 from 4:00 – 5:30 in the SOHS Band Room. Any student who will be in grades 8-12 next year and is interested in joining colorguard is invited to attend. This group performs as part of the SOHS Marching Band, one of the largest and most successful organization at SOHS! Please contact Ryan McAllister, Band Director with any questions– email@example.com, 502-241-6681, ext. 128.
- Congratulations to Aaron Kirtland and Brandon Trapp who were first place winners in the high school division of the State Robotics Competition (State Championship and Annual Awards at Rupp Arena). Sara Taylor at SOMS is the staff sponsor and Otis Florence is the program director.
- Parking layout for South Oldham High School: Our parking lots are full! Are you parking in the correct spot? If you are not, and your car is booted, there is a $50 fine to remove the boot.
- Visitors: Visitors to SOHS (those without parking passes) should park in the first row next to the grass in the front lot.
- Faculty: The first two rows after the visitor's row are saved for faculty and staff. There should be no student drivers or visitors in these two rows. Faculty and staff parking is also available behind the gym.
- Staff: The small lot closest to the front door is reserved for office staff and teacher of the year. Visitors and students should not park in this lot.
- Cafeteria staff: The row by the fence next to the football field is reserved for cafeteria staff. Students should not park in this row.
- Student drivers: Any other space on SOHS campus is available for student drivers.
- Senior Mu Alpha Theta members: If you wish to purchase a graduation cord please stop by Mrs. Holder's room 216 before school. The cost is $5. Cords must be purchased by May 9.
- SENIORS: If you think you have perfect attendance this school year, please pick up a form in the guidance office.
- SENIORS: If you are awarded any scholarships, please pick up a form in the guidance office.
- SENIORS: Remember to go online to register with Parchment using the registration code that you received.
- Seniors - If you are awarded any scholarships, even if you decline them, please come to the guidance office and see Ms. Shearn. We announce scholarships that are awarded at your graduation ceremony.
- Remember to check out the guidance scholarship website on a regular basis. Many new scholarship opportunities have been added to the site and more scholarships will continue to be added as we receive information.
- Follow us on Twitter @SOHSAnnounces for up to the minute information.
THIS WEEK IN SPORTS:
Apr. 24 Boys Varsity JV Baseball @ Oldham Co. (5:30, 7:30)
Boys Freshman Baseball vs. Oldham Co. (5:30)
Girls Varsity Softball @ North Oldham (5:30)
Apr. 25 Girls Varsity Tennis vs, Anderson Co. (5:00
Boys Varsity Lacrosse @ North Oldham (5:30)
Boys JV Baseball @ Franklin Co. (6:00)
Girls JV Varsity Lacrosse vs. Male (6:00,7:30)
Coed Varsity Track vs. Eastern Relays @ U of L (6:00)
Boys Varsity Baseball @ East Jessamine Classic (7:30)
Boys JV Lacrosse@ North Oldham (7:30)
Girls Varsity Softball vs. North Laurel High School @ Fern Creek (7:30)
Apr. 26 Boys Varsity Baseball @ East Jessamine Classic (10:00)
Boys JV Baseball @ Franklin Co. (double header 12:30)
Boys Varsity Tennis @ Richmond Model (9:00)
Girls Varsity Softball @ Elizabethtown High School (9:00)
CoEd Varsity Track vs. Eastern H.S. Relays @ U of L (9:00)
If you have an announcement you need added to this list, please send it to this email address (SHDaily.Announcements@oldham.kyschools.us) 24-hours prior to when you want the announcement to be listed.