Click here for the updated Dress Code!
September 18th, 2014
THIS WEEK AT SOUTH
- South Oldham is up for our HS GameTime Game of the Week! Here’s a link to vote if you would like to share it with your students and staff: http://bit.ly/1tWEeOq
- Attention Juniors: Class ring forms are September 18th during lunch or after school from 3:45 to 6:30.
- Spanish club will begin on September 18th after school in room 206. The fee is 5 dollars for the whole year. You are not required to attend all meetings. Turn in money to Mr. Staib in 208 or Ms. Jordan in 206.
- The Booster Club sponsored tailgating event for students will be 5:30-6:45 on Friday before the NOHS game. Free food, giveaways, face painting, corn hole and a photo backdrop with props for pictures.
- Congratulations National Honor Society (NHS) Candidate Members!! Please return your form and essay to Dr. Bentley in Room 137 by September 19th.
- The next FCCLA meeting is September 24th. Dues are $25.00 and may be given to Mrs. Poe before the meeting or at the meeting. Make sure you turn in a Food Form to Mrs. Poe so you can join in on the snacks.
- Anyone currently playing a fall sport that plans to try-out for boys basketball team must see Coach Simpson in the gym to sign up.
- Anyone interested in trying out for baseball this spring that has not already been in contact with the coaching staff should send their contact information (email address, player name and grade) to Monica at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Oldham County School District is providing Office 365 to every one of our students free of charge. This automatically updatable, subscription-based software will allow you to always have the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more.
- Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets
- Use with OneDrive for automatic device syncing
- Gain valuable skills on the world’s most popular productivity software
- Use the same programs as the educators to ensure full file fidelity
This offer is available to all students at South Oldham High School. To get your free Office 365, visit Office.com/GetOffice365and follow the download instructions. If you have any trouble, contact Ms. Gnadinger (email@example.com) for assistance.
When you are loading the software, you will be asked for your Organizational Account. That is your student’s school email address. The password is the student’s school computer password. No other special codes are required. You may also want to look on this site to get the information on downloads for tablets and phones: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/
- The PSAT will be given this year on Wednesday, October 15. Any freshmen, sophomores, or juniors that would like to take the test need to bring $20 to Mr. Beall ASAP. The deadline has been extended until further notice. He will be in the cafeteria from 8:00-8:40 each morning. This test is the qualifying tests for juniors that are interested in the National Merit Program and can also be used as part of your Governor’s Scholars Program application. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Beall.
- ESS schedule: Tuesday – English and Science; Wednesday – Math; Thursday – English, Math, and Social Studies. Foreign language must be scheduled with the teacher.
- ATTENTION JUNIORS AND SENIORS & PARENTS: If you are planning on using a college visit please remember that you need to submit a request in writing from a parent/guardian to the attendance office no later than a week prior to the first day of absence. Juniors you are allowed 1 college visit and seniors you are allowed 2 college visits. If you do not submit your request to the attendance office a week prior to the first day of absence you not be eligible to use your allocated College Visit days. Also remember that College Visitation Policy follows the same as the OCBE Vacation Policy which may not be used before or after an extended break such as three-day weekends and holiday breaks.
- ATTENTION SENIORS: To be eligible for PTSA scholarship a parent and Senior Student must be a member of the PTSA.
- Student Drivers – If you park in the area where the band practices your vehicle must be moved everyday by 4:00. Thanks for your cooperation.
- FCA will meet every Wednesday at 8:05 in the GYM.
- ATTENTION PARENTS OF JUNIORS INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR the GOVERNOR’S SCHOLAR PROGRAM:
Your student must have a test standardized test score from either ACT, SAT, or PSAT. If your student has not taken one of these tests, or would like to re-take one, it is recommended that they sign up for the October 11th SAT (www.sat.org/register ), the October 15th PSAT (sign up with Mr. Beall in the mornings in the SOHS cafeteria), or the October 25th ACT (www.actstudent.org ) in order for scores to be back in time for the application process. ACT/SAT/PSAT scores are a major component of the scoring process. The deadline for register for each test is fast approaching.
There will be a Governor’s Scholar informational meeting in late September (TBA). Please watch the SOHS Daily Announcements for the Date and Time of this meeting. More information can be found about GSP at www.gsp.ky.gov .
- Veterans Memorial Park of Kentucky is hosting a contest open to all public and private Oldham County students. The contest includes two competitions:
* Create a video up to two minutes on the project with a focus on youth participation (this would be the type of video that is uploaded to YouTube). The contest winner would receive $200.
* Create an artist rendering of a completed Park. The contest winner would receive $100.
The entries are due no later than January 2nd. See attached fliers for details.
Today - 4:30pm Boys Varsity Golf vs Multiple Opponents (OLDHAM COUNTY CUP)
4:30pm Girls Varsity Golf vs North Oldham
5:45pm Girls Varsity and JV Field Hockey @Atherton
6:00pm Boys Freshman Football @North Oldham
6:00pm Boys JV and Varsity Soccer @Henry Clay Senior
6:00pm Girls JV and Varsity Soccer vs Thomas Nelson
6:00pm Girls Freshman, JV, and Varsity Volleyball @Holy Cross
8/19 – 2:50pm SOHS GREEK GAMES
7:30pm Boys Varsity Football vs North Oldham
8/20 - 9:00am Coed Varsity Cross Country @Multiple Opponents
11:00am Boys JV and Varsity Soccer @Kentucky Country Day
3:00pm Girls Varsity and JV Soccer @Dixie Heights
If you have an announcement you need added to this list, please send it to this email address (SHDaily.Announcements@oldham.kyschools.us) 24-hours prior to when you want the announcement to be listed.