Seniors and Juniors-Parking passes will be sold on Monday August 18 from 9:00 am to Noon.
Click here for the updated Dress Code!
Summer office hours are 8:30 – 3:30 Monday through Friday. The front office is open throughout the summer (except July 4th). However, we have a VERY limited staff and those who do work during the summer will use this time for professional development, planning meetings and to take vacations. Please call in advance to ensure the staff member you need is available.
- Parking Permit Registration forms can be picked up in the school office.. The cost of the permit is $25.00, and must be signed by both student and parent/guardian.
- Anyone who has outstanding detention hours at the end of the 2013-2014 school year will not be allowed to purchase a parking pass for the 2014-2015 school year until all detention hours are served.
- Anyone with "obligations" to the SOHS library (large late fees or overdue books) will not be able to get a parking pass in the fall.
- Aug. 11-Rising Sophomores and rising Seniors – Registration for 2014-15 school year 1:30 – 6:00
- Aug. 13-Rising Freshman and rising Juniors – Registration for 2014-15 school year 1:30 – 6:00
- August 18-Freshman Orientation 8:00 – 12:00 (freshmen parent presentation 8:00-9:00)
- August 20-First day of school for 2014-15 school year
- The “enrollment verification form” (no pass-no drive form) that is required for a student to take their driving permit test is completed by the school and requires a parent signature. It is imperative that you call in advance to have the form prepared and a parent must come to the office to sign the form and pick it up.
- Please note- summer reading is REQUIRED at SOHS!
- Summer reading lists are posted on the website and can be picked up in the main office.
- Also, we now have a literacy website that gives more reading ideas.
- Summer work is also required for 2014-2015 in many AP classes. More information is available at www.SOHS.net under summer assignments.
- Remember to keep your June or July electric, gas or water bill to turn in as residency verification at registration (Aug. 11th &13th).
- Follow us on Twitter @SOHSANNOUNCES for up-to-the-minute happenings at South
- Anyone interested in playing boys golf next season should contact Carol Cooksey at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up in the office.
If you have an announcement you need added to this list, please send it to this email address (SHDaily.Announcements@oldham.kyschools.us) 24-hours prior to when you want the announcement to be listed.