The following are beliefs held by preschool staff and parents about the Oldham County Preschool program.
- Staff and parents work together to help children and families develop a high level of self-esteem.
- Staff and parents strive to assist children in social and emotional development.
- Staff recognizes and accepts diverse family backgrounds, beliefs and needs and strives to support the family in achieving long-term success of the child.
- Staff and parents work together to help children acquire academic and social skills in order for them to meet future demands and become enthusiastic life long learners.
- Each staff member reflects the program's beliefs about children and families and knows that she/he is a vital and important contributing member of the team serving children.
- Staff ensures that the program is highly flexible in its developmentally appropriate curriculum and provides a safe, friendly environment in which children develop intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
- Staff ensures that the program provides diverse opportunities for learning that address the individualized special needs of all children.
- Staff and parents work together to involve the entire community in the learning process of children and families.