Thank you for your interest in Oldham County Public Schools.
Please click on the following links for additional information about our employment application process. After you have read Important Notices and any other pertinent information below, click on the Apply Online button at the bottom of this page to view current job opportunities and apply online.
* Applications for Substitute Teachers are now CLOSED for the 2013-14 school year. Please click on the "Substitute Teacher Applicants" link below for more information.
* Kentucky Retirement Systems (KRS) retirees that are employed after September 1, 2008 with the Oldham County Schools must waive health insurance coverage through KRS and enroll in health insurance coverage through the school district.
* Effective September 1, 2010, all substitute teachers will pay for pre-employment physicals and fingerprinting. Student teachers will pay for fingerprinting.
* If you do not have access to a computer, please stop by the Oldham County Schools Central Office located at 6165 W. Highway 146 in Crestwood, Kentucky any time during regular office hours, 8:00-4:30. We have a computer available for your use.
* We are extremely proud of the expertise and experience of our staff. OCS consistently has high percentages of teachers who meet the federal government’s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements and who hold National Board Teacher Certification. We respect parents’ rights to know about the qualification of their children’s teacher and welcome inquiries about teacher credentials. Please contact Phillip Moore, Personnel Director, at 502-241-3500 for additional information.
* The Oldham County Board of Education does not discriminate in the provision of services or employment on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, race, national origin, religion, sex or veteran status.
Certified applicants must submit the following electronically via the OCS TalentED Recruit & Hire website:
Reference forms are automatically sent to your references' email addresses when you apply online. You are required to print and mail the following certified reference form to your reference ONLY if you do not have a valid email address for that reference. PDF file format | MS Word format
For questions about certified positions, please contact Becky Gardner, Administrative Secretary.
Classified applicants must submit electronically via the OCS TalentED Recruit & Hire website:
Reference forms are automatically sent to your references' email addresses when you apply online. You are required to print and mail the following classified reference form to your reference ONLY if you do not have a valid email address for that reference. PDF file format | MS Word format
For questions about classified positions, please contact Sheri Hammons, Administrative Secretary.
If you are a current Oldham County employee and wish to submit a transfer request for a posted position on School Recruiter, you must first create an online account to identify yourself as an internal applicant.
For questions about CERTIFIED transfer requests, please contact Becky Gardner, Administrative Secretary.
For questions about CLASSIFIED transfer requests, please contact Sheri Hammons, Administrative Secretary.
Instructional Aide Applicants must have 48 college hours or pass the Kentucky Paraeducator Assessment in order to be hired for an Aide position. Please click on the Kentucky Paraeducator Assessment prompt for a copy of the Study Guide. Suzette Ertel at the Adult Education Department will provide assistance to applicants needing to complete the Paraeducator assessment.
For questions about substitute teaching, please contact Michael Howard, Sub Coordinator.
Oldham County School District Student Teaching Process
Oldham County Schools welcomes future educators to student teach in our district. Student teaching in Oldham County provides a wonderful experience teaching in innovative schools.
Student Teacher Application Information
Step 1: Submit the student teaching information to your college or university, completing all requirements necessary.
Step 2: After approval from your college or university to student teach, the University/College Education Department will notify the Oldham County Schools Personnel Department.
Step 3: The Personnel Department will contact schools and inform them that a student teacher is available.
Step 4: The school will notify the Personnel Department if a placement is available and will contact the college or university placement office of the decision.
Step 5: A fingerprint background check needs to be completed before beginning student teaching. Please call the Personnel Department (502-241-3500) at least 15 days before the start date to set up an appointment to be fingerprinted. If you have the results of a fingerprint check that is one year or less, please provide this to the Personnel Department.
Step 6: Begin student teaching!
Step 7: You may apply to teach in Oldham County when you finish your certification and receive a statement of eligibility from the Educational Professional Standards Board.
For questions about CERTIFIED positions, please contact:
For questions about CLASSIFIED positions, please contact:
Please click here for employee benefits information.
Please click here for frequently asked questions about applying online via TalentED Recruit & Hire.
If you have questions or need assistance, the Personnel Department will be more than happy to answer your questions or assist you in any way possible. You may call the Personnel Office at (502) 241-3500.
Phillip Moore, Director of Personnel
For questions about CERTIFIED positions and medical/maternity leave, please contact:
Becky Gardner, Administrative Secretary
For questions about CLASSIFIED positions and medical/maternity leave, please contact:
Sheri Hammons, Administrative Secretary
For questions about SUBSTITUTE TEACHING, please contact:
Michael Howard, Sub Coordinator
PHONE: (502) 241-3500
FAX: (502) 241-3210
6165 W. Highway 146 | Crestwood, KY 40014 | Phone: 502-241-3500 | Main Fax: 502-241-3209