SCHOOL COUNCIL SUMMARY
April 26, 2012
The Camden Station Elementary School Council met in regular session in the Conference Room of Camden Station Elementary School with the following members present:
1. Stu Martin 2. Rachael Roy 3. Amy Larson 4. Sylvain Limprevil 5. Ann Mintman
- The meeting was called to order at 3:40.
- The Council reviewed and approved the agenda.
- The Council reviewed and approved the minutes of the March 15, 2012 meeting.
- Council Action Items
- The Council reviewed and approved the proposed SBDM budget and staffing plan for the 2012-13 school year. The budget/staffing is based on the projected enrollment of 388 students The final details for this plan include:
-18 certified classroom teachers, with 3 classes per grade level. This makes the range of class sizes from 19 to 24.
-5 classified aides.
-A&H going to 3 sections, Art/Music/PE. The computer lab will be open for classrooms to reserve throughout the week.
-Intervention Coordinator will be combined with ESS teacher. ESS funds are not secured at this time, but there is hope that the state will provide an allocation for this. Mr. Upchurch is aware of the need and importance of ESS services for struggling students and will continue to explore ways to support this instruction. This combined position will result in a 0.7 to 0.8 position, depending on the final ESS funding. This staff member will work with students in Tier 2 and 3, and also collaborate with teachers on Intervention strategies, assessments, timelines, etc.
-Classroom allocations will equal $450/classroom and $850/A&H classroom.
- The Council considered and approved the PD plan for Camden, for the 2012-13 school year. The PD plan totaled 24 hours and included training in the new ELA Standards, Math Standards, MAP training, DRA2 training, and Grammar Study. An additional PD was approved for the PE program that will teach golf techniques. Training from these PD’s will continue through updates at faculty meetings throughout the year.
- The Council considered and approved the final Program Review reports for Camden. Each Program Review was developed by teams and included many areas of strength, along with areas for growth. Kelly Kahmann presented the A&H review. The short term goal for A&H is to provide PD opportunities that align with the curriculum, and the long term goal is to create a vision/mission statement for A&H. Brittany Ford presented the PLCS review. The short term goals are to incorporate more historic/current leaders in the instruction, along with environmental impacts and financial literacy. The long term goal for PLCS is to develop a wellness policy that incorporates the PLCS standards. Emilee Morgan presented the Writing review. The short term goal is to provide PD that aligns with new district writing curriculum. The long term goals are to ensure that writing is authentic and meaningful for students, along with providing them multiple opportunities to write while given meaningful feedback and instruction that will promote their development as a writer. These Program Reviews will be submitted to District personnel for further evaluation before being submitted to KDE.
- Principal’s Report
- The Council reported to closed session to discuss personnel matters at 4:35.
- The Council returned from closed session at 4:43.
- Having no further business, the Council adjourned at 4:43.