SCHOOL COUNCIL SUMMARY
December 15, 2011
The Camden Station Elementary School Council met in regular session in the Conference Room of Camden Station Elementary School with the following members present:
1. Stu Martin 2. Rachael Roy 3. Amy Larson 5. Heidi-Bramlage-Schomburg 6. Ann Mintman
- The meeting was called to order at 3:34.
- The Council reviewed and approved the agenda.
- The Council reviewed and approved the minutes of the October 27, 2011 meeting.
- Council Action Items
- The Council considered revisions to the Council Policy 5001 “Selection of a Principal When a Vacancy Exist”. These revisions are required after the changes made to KRS 160.345, made by SB12. The Council thought the proposed revisions looked good and will approve in the January meeting, if there is no further suggestions.
- The Council reviewed and approved the revisions to Camden’s CSIP. The CSIP has contained lofty 2-3 year goals over the past couple years, and Camden has reached those goals in one year. This indicates dedication and constant reflection from our staff, students and parents. New goals were set, but they are based on KCCT results. After there is a better understanding of the new accountability assessment, and it’s results, the CSIP will be revised again to reflect new scores and goals.
- Principal’s Report
- The Council discussed the annual report to the Board. There are 5 questions that need to be answered, along with 2 discussion topics for the February 7 meeting. The Council will review the answers to the 5 questions in January, along with finalize the 2 discussion topics. Three possible topics were brought up; Reading Recovery, Wireless Infrastructure Updates and Class Ratios. Council members will get input from staff/teachers for any other possible discussion topics.
- Donna Allen, a Camden parent, reported to the Council on the results of her CIPL Writing Project for the Prichard Committee. Ms. Allen partnered with Camden with a focus on increasing the reading/writing achievement for students with disabilities. Donna specifically partnered with Liz Dant (Literacy Coach) and Amy Pierce (ECS Teacher). The results were very encouraging and we want to continue with the strategies and resources we initiated because of this project. Donna Allen put countless hours into this project and her work should be commended. Her efforts and passion for all students will help many Camden students for years.
- Having no further business, the Council adjourned at 4:10.