October 31, 2011
- Be sure to mark your calendars for our annual Barnes and Noble Book Fair on Thursday, November 3rd! A portion of the proceeds from any shopping done at the Barnes and Noble in the Summit on that Thursday (when you mention Camden Station) will go directly towards books for our school library! You may be thinking, “it can’t be that easy”… but it is! Simply do some book shopping at Barnes and Noble and mention that you are a family of Camden Station Elementary. A percentage of all of those purchases will go towards our library. Be sure to share this with neighbors, friends and relatives as well! Even more exciting, that evening between 6-8 PM, several Eagles will be there, including Mr. Martin and Mrs. Ford who will be reading aloud some of their favorite titles. There will also be beautiful art on display from Camden Station art classes! It should be a fun evening for everyone! If you can’t make it on Thursday evening, but would still like to contribute, you can order online. Simply visit www.bn.com and enter our Camden Station Book Fair Event ID number (10557957) in the designated field found at the bottom of the payment page during checkout and your purchase will count towards our total!
- This week is Red Ribbon Week!
Tuesday: Sock it to Negative Choices! Wear Crazy Socks!
Wednesday: My Character Shines
Thursday: Hats off to Healthy Choices! Wear a Hat!
Friday: It takes COURAGE to Never Give Up, Encourage Others, and Do Your Best!!
- The Kindergarteners, 4th & 5th graders will have artwork displayed at the book fair on Thursday evening.
- Yearbook, 5th Grade Baby picture…please fill out the attached form.
- Monday, October 31st 4:00 PM Market Day Pick Up
- Wednesday, November 2nd 12:25 Early Release, 2:30 PM Bricks 4 Kidz
- Thursday, November 3rd 8:00 PM Picture Retakes, 2:45 PM Climbing Club, 6:00 PM Barnes and Noble Book Fair/Art Display
- Friday, November 4th 2:30 PM Camden Music Makers, 2:45 PM Climbing Club
- Camden’s Thanksgiving meal for staff and students is Wednesday, November 16th.
- EAST OLDHAM CHEERLEADING CLINIC
Learn cheers, jumps, and stunts with the East Oldham Middle School Cheerleaders!
Friday, November 11th, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Check-in is 5:30pm—5:45pm if you are not pre-registered.
Each participant will receive a t-shirt, snacks and the chance to cheer with the East Oldham Middle School Cheerleaders on
Tuesday, November 15th at 6:30 p.m.
All participants must be in Kindergarten through 5th Grade to attend!
The fee of $25 per cheerleader includes the t-shirt and snacks.
This pre-registration fee is due by Friday, November 4th
Registration will take place at the door for $30.
Go to our website at www.eomscheer.weebly.com for more information and to download registration forms or email Coach Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org or Christy Michaud at email@example.comThere will be a few copies of the registration form in your school office if you cannot print them online
- 5th Grade baby pictures and comments are due by Nov 18th. These should come to school in an envelope with the child's name and teacher on it. If you have questions contact Christy Michaud at firstname.lastname@example.org or 241-7457
- Newspapers Needed: The 4th and 5th graders are going to be starting a project in art in a couple of weeks in which we will be making props for the Christmas Round the World musical (papier mâché piñatas, and papier mâché dragons for the Chinese New Year). So, when you're done with that Sunday paper or Oldham Era, send it to the art room! I know we're all busy, but if you have time, please take out any non kid-friendly sections or materials of the paper before you send it to art.
- Walk A Thon Update: Great Job Eagles raising $16,725 to date for our 2011 Walk A Thon! We had a great awards assembly a few weeks and gave away some fun prizes. In addition to the individual prizes and class pizza parties, Camden had a PJ day and extra recess! The donations for the Camden Walk A Thon have continued to flow in and our students are just about $175 away from the $17,000 goal and the next school wide reward of a Hat Day. If there are any envelopes or additional donations out there, go on and send them in so we can meet that next level!
- Kroger Cards: Just a reminder as it starts to turn colder and we begin to host fall gatherings and make more of those cold weather comfort foods...don't forget to load up and use your Kroger gift cards. You can purchase them online through the Camden PTA web page link or we will have $5 cards that you can load and reuse again and again available at the Camden Carnival this Saturday. Don't forget to also clip and save the Campbell soup labels and box tops from those groceries!
- Eagle's Nest Before and After School Program Happy Fall! We have great things happening at Eagle's Nest! Openings are still available! The program provides a structured but informal learning environment which includes a variety of activities and projects. All activities are designed to be interesting, fun and age appropriate. If you are interested in your child participating in our before or after school program please pick up an application in the office.
- Eagle's Nest After School Program will be open to all Camden Station Elementary students Election Day, November 8th 7:00 AM- 6:00 PM and Christmas break, December 19th, 20th and 21
Election Day Cost: $35.00 for students "not currently enrolled" Deadline for
enrollment: Thursday, November 3rd.
Christmas Break Eagles Nest will be open December 19th, 20th and 21st 7:00 AM-
6:00 PM. Cost $95 for all three days or $35 per day for students currently not enrolled.
A Different Kind of Learning/ A Powerful Kind of Fun!
Young Rembrandts teaches drawling with a see-touch-do method that all kids can
succeed with, learn from and love! Watch your child reach a brand new level of
confidence and potential with this engaging, award-winning program
Class - Monday's 2:25-3:25
You can pick up an order form in the office.
Payments can be mailed in or Paid On-line
- Don't miss purchasing the Camden Station Yearbook...if you haven’t done so already, you can also go online at www.jostensyearbooks.com to order. The yearbooks are $20. Checks payable to Camden Station PTA. If you have any questions, contact Christy Michaud at 241-7457 or email@example.com